2009-06-22

Assignments... and Not Really Doing it.


Yeay I just submitted my assignment! Another one to go! (due next Monday). Oh it is now the end of Study Period 2, already. Sekejap je kan. Anyway, I took like 3 whole days to complete 2 different assignments. Actually I should be spending much longer than 3 days on those 2 assignments.*hihih*. I don’t really have exams for this semester so I really should strive for assignments. Well... I should.

Doing assignments at this level of study requires a lot of reading. A lot. You have to quote from other reliable sources anything that you feel like writing, or at least you have to have supportive written resources for ideas you’ve suggested. Blurgh. Nonetheless I’ve been enjoying the course very much. It is something that I’m passionate about. I think.

Since last week, I’ve been reading New Moon slowly, very very slowly; like half-page per day. Just when I started the first word, I kept thinking about my assignments I couldn’t concentrate, so I hopped off my bed, hurried to my study table, turned the pc on, and opened the assignment folder. So I concentrated writing… or reading… for about 10 minutes, and spent the other two hours doing other things; facebooking, emailing, youtubing, DVD watching, browsing, anything,…. Haha. Erk ok.

And I found out the only way I can do my work consistently is by staying up, when I wouldn’t be bothered with anything else in the world. Staying up, right until Subuh, just like studying for SPM, or during my 4 degree-years in UIA (doing studio-work required us to stay up, all architecture students do that; the reason why ‘Pak Guard’ hating us for generations).



On a lighter note, I've been watching a lot of movies to kill my time when I.. was not doing assignments. Last week, I watched oldies classics;
'Casablanca' (great script), 'Gone with the Wind' (tak abis tgk sbb cd kedua takde dlm case. Pjg giler cite dier mcm hindustan, siap ade intermission), 'Wizard of Oz' (huge production untuk movie thn 30an), Edward Norton’s ‘25th Hour’ and ‘The Painted Veil’ (both were recommended by my studiomate Iqbal. He’s in love with Edward Norton =p), 'Pursuit of Happiness' (expected acting and ending) and ‘Blade Trinity’ (regarded as worst Blade movie, either you love Ryan Reynold’s funny/stupid lines or you just hate them. Either way, sesungguhnya saya ulang scene dia kena belasah berkali2. Haha).


Oh last but not least, I will have to finish these 10 DVDs in a week.


That’s how long the Adelaide City Council let me borrow this stuff. You can borrow anything here just have to request for it. I think Malaysia should start this kind of awesome community services. Cuma sebelum apa-apa, perlu pastikan rakyat Malaysia mempunyai minda kelas pertama dulu. Nanti semua benda hilang buat harta sendiri. Till then~



10 comments:

Phat The Sengkek said...

Tgk Pride n prejudice. Ms mula2 tgk mmg xphm die ckp ape..tp sbb nk training p UK aku gagahkn gk.haha

syima said...

cepat2 tgk forest gump tuuuuu edward norton best dlm kingdom of heaven, tak nmpk mcm die tp suara sexy woo

azmi yusof said...

jangan plagiat yer...hahahahaha..

Tia said...

true..kalo buat kat malaysia, kompem hilang punya...

anyways, byk "buku" nak kena baca dlm seminggu? ini madness namanya~!! Aida~hentikan segala madness ini! and do ur assignment....

Me, I dont have any assignments, woohhoo~~!!main Wii jelah..yeaahh~~!!

the Stalker said...

Phat:
Haha. Aku rs aku boleh phm kot. Ak byk tgk movie UK, dgr Spice Girls, Oasis, Radiohead, tgk EFL, penyokong England tegar, tgk Beckham, tgk Rob.. Ak kan in love ngn London! Haha

Syima:
Ok Syima! I just have YM conversation with you. Thank you for the info! =)

Azmi:
Takleh plagiat Azmi. Kat sini ade sistem detect plagiarism untuk setiap assignment yg disubmit. Kalo dpt kesan boleh kena buang.

Nadiya:
Hihik. But I only watch after I finish my assg (Tipu)... Cis, main Wii. *Jeles* Fine. Tunggu saye balik kiter lawan. *eh bibi kasik ke?*

sepigegar said...

owh schindler list sgt best.
vanity,atonement,forgetting sarah mitchell ngn red eye tak tgk lg.
sila buat review dh tgk ek?

mungkin aida boleh train supaya tgk 1 muvie je 1 ari sambil makan malam supaya kurang rasa bersalah sebab berpoya-poya tak buat keje.(like i did mase topical studies 3rd year)haha. anyway good luck! slamat minum kopi sensorang (while ak n others p minum cafe con leche together-gather haha)

adda_shariff said...

damn. perangai sebijik macam aku masa wat thesis dulu! sila fokus!!!

and u'll hv all the time in the world to watch the dvds after finishing up ur asgmts. jgn bukak internet explorer langsung! internet explorer is the root of all evil.

makcik, sila jgn kecewakan MARA. hahaha

the Stalker said...

Atul:
Haha. Good idea Kak Atul. Tp mmg sy tgk time mkn pun (lunch n dinner). Hihi. Ciiss coffee freak ini! =p


Adda:
Da, I won't disappoint MARA dear. I'm getting full marks for those assignments! =p

afif said...

haaaa tu kalo yg susun2 tu buku, kan bagus kalo nak habiskan dlm seminggu haha!

the Stalker said...

Afif: Ciss.. Buku2 ada jgk laa. Saje tanak tunjuk kat sini. Sy low profile... =p